Thursday, March 5, 2009

The bed!!!!

This is a picture of the enclosed bed I was given to use with kids for respite who need it. The only problem with it was that it was delivered to me in pieces with no hardware and no instructions!!!!! Fortunately my pastor was able to give up his day off and help me get it figured out. As you can see it's solid and very heavy. It might work better against a wall but there's no way it can be moved. I hope it doesn't need to come down any time soon. This is what I was thinking of making in to a tent or fort for kids who are more alert who might sleep in it. I don't want them to think of it as a "cage".

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that is really something! It reminds me of a train car. :-) I think I would have loved sleeping in something like that when I was a kid!

    I'm enjoying hearing about the different ones you are doing respite for now. And I know you must be such an awesome blessing to the parents of these children. No just because you are available, but because you CARE about the children! That is so hard to find in the world today.

    God bless you richly with wisdom and energy as you minister to these different children.

    Alesha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the same thing! Looks like a sleeper compartment on a train....I think we would have loved it too growing up Alesha!

    Glad your getting a house full Barb....

    Have a good day!

    Trina
    http://www.jophiesjungle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete