Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Another new experience

Well, I continue to have new experiences and challenges with miss R. We've been struggling over getting her into a good routine with her bowels. It seems to be feast or famine for her going on her own. I was told to increase her senekot each day but nothing changed. Well, on Monday R asked me to put something in the garbage can that is near where she is most of the time. Lo and behold, there were 3 orange pills in the garbage!!!!!! I haven't had to deal with something like that since I caught a 5 year old daycare child hiding spoonfuls of yogurt under the toy shelves. I just commented that that was why the senekot wasn't working. I now stand over her while she takes her pills.

Life continues to be interesting with her. But it's also good. I enjoy seeing her blossom and take pride in what she does. She's planning to make a special surprise dinner for her caregiver and her boyfriend on Friday.

I still don't know how long she'll be here. The ministry is trying to put her into a medical group home for financial reasons. Another section of the ministry may fund her care here. Clearly she's better off here than in a medical setting.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Barb,
    I ran across your blog somehow (how does that happen?? haha) and wanted to tell you how inspirational I found your story. Your Trevor was born just a few months before my older son, Keegan. Trevor was a very handsome young man and you clearly had a wonderful, loving relationship with him. Thank you for sharing your story. What a gift God has given you with your ability to care for children (and adults) with such intense needs.

    ReplyDelete