Sunday, April 12, 2009

An Easter with smiles and laughter and life

Happy Easter! Although I wasn't able to make it to church today for Easter, I was still overwhelmed with gratefulness for what Christ did for me and what today meant. I kept thinking how different Easter was than Christmas had been. There were no smiles in any of the pictures taken here on Christmas this past year. It was only 10 days after Trevor's sudden death.

Today there were constant smiles and laughter with 2 kids in the house. Z who is 15 is a funny little guy and finds joy in just about anything: as long as Elvis or the Disney sing a long songs are playing. He's just here for the weekend. R who will be 19 on Tuesday is also a constant source of laughter. She's a real tease. Even when she's upset with her circumstances she can still tease and joke. And she's a real companion. Her face lit up when she saw her Easter basket this morning. I haven't had a kid who eats to buy Easter stuff for in a long time. I went all out. I even bought stuff for C who hasn't arrived yet. It will keep-I hope it doesn't find it's way into my stomach. Although my heart aches for Trevor, life goes on here. And for me, having these children as part of my life is so important. This is what I love to do more than anything else.

It's so good to have life in this house again.

3 comments:

  1. So glad you had such a lovely Easter full of blessings, Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so excited to hear you had a good day, Barb! You have made some wonderful strides in the past few months; and while the pain has not fully subsided, it is wonderful when joy begins to creep in again! : )

    Alesha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy for you. Yes, this was so very differentand Trevor will never be forgotten. You are such a blessing to these young people. I am glad you have them.

    ReplyDelete